Initial ConsultationMedicare Item Number: 16401
Our first meeting to discuss all that is involved with your care.
UltrasoundMedicare Item Number: 55703
The first time you will see your baby.
Subsequent Routine VisitsMedicare Item Number: 16500
*Note: It is estimated that you may require 8-10 visits with
- Dr Colin Blair during the course of your pregnancy. This will be
- discussed with each patient as required.
Planning and ManagementMedicare Item Number: 16590
This contributes towards our services and facilities to help us
- provide efficient specialist care. The Federal Government has
- made it mandatory to pay this fee at 28 weeks.
6 Week Post Partum Check-UpMedicare Item Number: 16407
Our final meeting to check on your health (and to meet your baby again!).
Costs of In-Hospital Care
We are a no-gap provider with the majority of Australian health insurance companies, and would therefore directly bill your fund for in-hospital care, with no out-of-pocket expense to you. Please discuss your situation with us if you do not have health insurance, or you are uncertain about what your insurance policy covers.
Gap Charges From Other Health Care Providers
It is important to note that from time to time there may be gap charges from other associated health care specialists such as anaethetists and pathology service providers during your outpatient and inpatient care. These will vary in amount and especially in emergency situations which are unpredictable. SJOG Hospital estimates that the average patient will be between $90-$250 out of pocket from any hospital stay pathology services.
Please contact Medicare directly to discuss your rebate entitlements by telephone 132 011.
You can claim a Medicare rebate by:
• Presenting your claim to a Medicare office
• Posting your claim to Medicare. Forms are available at Dr Blair’s rooms.
• Using your online Medicare account or Express Plus Medicare app.
Please note that we do not electronically claim directly with Medicare.
NEED A CONSULTATION?